Parents who are in receipt of certain benefits may be able to claim free school meals for any of their children who are registered at Cardinal Griffin Catholic College. School meals are a good way to make sure that a child eats well at lunchtime. By claiming free school meals, parents can save time and money.
Parents can claim free school meals for their children if they receive any of the following:
– Income Support
– Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
– Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
– Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and the household income is not more than £16,190. Please note that anyone receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of income, will not qualify
– The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit (from 30th April 2005)
– Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
– In receipt of the 4-week run on of working tax credit
Parents can apply online at http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals Further information on free school meals can also be obtained at this website address.
Sample Winter Menu