All set for success: Cardinal Griffin students excel in both A level and vocational subjects
Students at Cardinal Griffin Catholic College are celebrating an amazing set of Level 3 results. Their determination and hard work has resulted in some truly outstanding achievements.
Cardinal Griffin staff said that they were delighted with the number of high grades achieved, with more than a third of results awarded being A*-B, and there were many impressive individual successes too:
- Paris Williams, who secured her place at The University of Birmingham to read Law, having achieved two A grades and two A* grades;
- Niamh Casey, who gained four A grades and will be studying Biomedical Science at Durham University;
- Esme Thomson, who attained two A* grades and one A grade and will be reading English at Oxford;
- Jacob Dyke, who will be heading off to study History at the University of Birmingham, having achieved three B grades, and
- Catherine Woollaston, who will be embarking on a Secondary Education course, having gained a Double Distinction in Btec Sport.
Hermione Gibson, Headteacher, said: “I am immensely proud of our students and staff on achieving a wonderful set of results. A third of the grades awarded were A*-B, and a high proportion of our students have secured their first choice place at Russell Group universities! This is testimony to their hard work and dedication throughout the last couple of years. There is no doubt that our students have a bright future ahead of them, and I hope that they will keep in touch with us to inform us of their ongoing progress and successes. I would like to take this opportunity to wish them all the very best of luck on the next stage of their learning journey.”