Following a recent consultation with parents, students and other stakeholders, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Syntax Prom. The overwhelming feeling from survey respondents was that they did not wish to take the risk of purchasing a ticket, as well as spending money on outfits and transport, for an event which may not go ahead anyway. As yet, there is still no confirmation that mass events will be allowed to go ahead or if there will be any further restrictions in place. We can only hope that the situation will improve over the coming weeks and months. Whilst this is no consolation for this year’s cohort, we look forward to a time when we can all celebrate as one again and hope that the Prom will return next year.