safeguarding your child
We all work together at Cardinal Griffin Catholic College to help with any problems pupils may have in or out of college.
We have a team of staff who are always available to talk to pupils if they are worried about something or someone, are being bullied, or are experiencing any kinds of difficulty.
These staff are specially trained to deal with any serious situations and may be called upon to help:
Pupils should seek out their Form Tutor or Head of House in the first instance.
- Head of Allen House – Mrs J. Brough - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Hinsley House – Mr S. Forrester - email@example.com
- Acting Head of Manning House – Miss L. Adshead - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Newman House – Mr. J Underhill - email@example.com
- Acting Head of Vaughan House – Mr N. Harris - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Wiseman House – Mr S. Holsgrove - email@example.com
Parents who have any safeguarding concerns are also able to speak to the following:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead - Mrs. R Shakespeare
- Deputy Headteacher (DDSL) - Mr. J Faulconbridge
- Head of Sixth Form (DDSL) - Mrs L. Wynne-Jones
- Inclusion Manager (DDSL) - Mrs T. Turner
- Behaviour & Pastoral Intervention Officer - Mr K. Young
Local Safeguarding support in Cannock
Cannock District Council have made available the contact details for a range of local services to support parents, carers and children. Please see below for details of 'ChatHealth'.
CHATHEALTH. NHS MFPT.
Run by the NHS midlands partnership trust ChatHealth is a secure and confidential text messaging service for parents and young people aged 11-19 years (year 7 and above). It allows individuals to easily and anonymously get in touch with a school nurse or health visitor for advice and support. It's a locally-offered service currently used by around 40 healthcare provider organisations across the UK. Young people in Staffordshire should text 07520 615721 Parents in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire should text 07520 615722. Normal text charges apply. A more detailed explanation has been placed on the College website.