Welcome to Cardinal Griffin Catholic College. I am tremendously proud and, indeed, privileged to be the Headteacher at this incredibly wonderful College.
Cardinal Griffin has a distinct Catholic ethos, creating an environment in which all of our pupils can thrive. We encourage our pupils to be grateful for their gifts, for the gifts of others, and for the blessings of each day. We want them to be generous with their gifts, becoming ‘Men and Women for Others’. We hope that they will develop daily habits which, in turn, will become the values that will sustain them for the rest of their life.
My pledge to all of our families is that we will do all that we can for every single pupil, every single day. Our pupils will always be at the heart of every decision that we make, and we will endeavour to provide every child with an exceptional education. The sort of education we would want for our own children!
Mrs H Gibson
What we believe
It is our belief that exceptional communication skills enhance the spiritual development, life chances and opportunities of all in the community.
Why choose Cardinal Griffin Catholic College?
- Following our March 2023 OfSTED, Cardinal Griffin Catholic College continues to be a rated as a ‘Good’ school.
- Cardinal Griffin is a thriving 11-18 Catholic College with 888 students on roll.
- We pride ourselves on our approach to staff wellbeing, ensuring all staff have access to high quality research-based CPD. This forms an integral part of our appraisal and staff development cycle.
- We are working to achieve a 'Leading Parent Partnership' award, and through this we show our commitment to stakeholder voice.
- We have a strong performance academically, with 61% of our pupils achieving a grade 5 or better in their GCSE English and 57% of our pupils achieving a grade 5 or better in their GCSE maths in 2022.
- Following the appointment of a new Headteacher, we are looking to accelerate our progress towards becoming an outstanding College.
- We are a Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment.
- We are a professional, hard-working and supportive team who work together to create a welcoming, vibrant learning culture which is inclusive to all.
- We have access to a network of successful schools to share best practice and develop career prospects at the highest level.
- We have a highly ambitious, supportive and hardworking leadership team.
- We offer a professional development entitlement, including a learning ticket, coaching and full access to the NPQ programme.
- We are in the process of joining a strong trust that drives high quality, inclusive education
- We have a robust and reflective behaviour curriculum that responds to the needs of the pupils and the community.
Teaching & Support Staff Vacancies
View our teaching and support staff vacancies here.